16.1.08

Random Facts That Belong in the About Me Section

I know I've written about myself in You Think You Know Parts 1 & 2, but that was over a year ago. Some things have changed, some things haven't. So I'm stealing this quote from my bro Beezy "If i was able to let u in my mind at any moment the snapshot you take would be worth a million words..." So here goes...

I'm full of contradictions.

I think I'm most productive and creative at night, well the wee hours of the morning that is. I love the hours between 2 and 5 am when no one else around me is awake. I have room to play, alone time to express myself, time to do whatever I want and not have to worry about what anyone else thinks.

I love to watch the sun rise and set. Usually, when I catch the sun rise, it's because I haven't gone to sleep yet.

I'm nocturnal. My doctor calls it insomnia. Whateve.

The beach is my favorite place. I want to live there. Being there does something to me.

I have a color complex and I'm ashamed of it.

I'm not as tough or uncaring or robotic as I sometimes come off as.

I can't always control my facial expressions. They usually have a story of their own to tell.

I'm afraid of vulnerability.

I fear unconditional trust.

I hate to disappoint people, yet I feel like I do a lot.

Even though I always talk about being a bum and living in a box, I really fear ending up like that. Being in college without a plan is really starting to get to me. I'm jealous of the people who have at least a career path to guide them. Everyday I try to come up with a solution that will make me happy.

I don't like to depend on others. I prefer relying on myself, so when the ball is dropped, there is no one else to blame.

Sometimes I think I'm boring.

Sometimes I scare myself.

Sometimes I think if anyone knew exactly what I was thinking at all times, they would flee in terror and think I was crazy.

I don't say I love you enough, but when I do I mean it.

I'm agnostic.

I love to think. It's one of my favorite pastimes.

I have eclectic taste.

I really enjoy movies. Especially ones that have a good story.

I like to read. Mostly classics. I've read few contemporary novels besides the Bourne series.

Music can change my mood.

I have random mood swings. :-( That's so not cool.

I like to participate in good discussions by listening and absorbing all points of view. I have two ears and one mouth for a reason, right?

Sometimes I think I talk too much. Other times I don't talk enough. I've been told I'm not a very good conversationalist. I can understand that.

I have no idea what my purpose is besides turning oxygen into carbon dioxide.

I can be funny sometimes.

I think I'm unique. (^_^) Some people call it strange. Whateve.

I try not to be one of those Random Normal People. They're so blah.

Sometimes I wish I had more cute moments in my life. You know what I mean.

I get tired of being angry.

I strongly believe in self expression.

I question a lot of things, especially traditions.

I have two competing personalities. One dominated when I was younger but now...idk. I think the other is slowly starting to fight its way out. Watch out people.

I stand up for my beliefs.

I can be very stubborn.

I can be vain.

True friends are like family.

I think I'm going to die at a young age.

I think everything happens for a reason.

I like to play in hair. My own when I can.

When I get nervous or am deep in thought or daydreaming I play in the hair behind my ear.

Bring Me to Life the acoustic version by Evanescence is the most played song in my music library.

I can be very particular. Sometimes that inhibits me.

If I met myself we would probably clash at first then develop a love/hate relationship. I'm an acquired taste.

My favorite Whitney Houston song is I'm Your Baby Tonight.

I have conflicting ideas of my future. On one hand, I want to be free, wild, and reckless and go wherever life takes me. On the other, I want to go home every night to someone and be able to say he's still the guy of my dreams after all these years.

I'm a hopeless romantic.

I don't like makeup.

I love to give gifts. It's magical when you see someone's face light up at the thought that you've wrapped and given to them. It makes me feel all bubbly inside. lol

Inside jokes keep me going.

My favorite item of clothing is jackets.

I think Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam should make a come back.

I wish I would get in front of the camera more often. I don't have many pictures with the people I love.

I believe in the necessity of change.

I'm ambidextrous.

I twirl my pens/pencils when I write.

Most people don't understand the flow of my notes.

I doodle.

I don't like to cry but sometimes I wish I did more often.

I could probably be a little more healthy.

I can get confrontational and rude at times.

I'm predictably unpredictable.

A trip to the bookstore, then on to the beach is my idea of a perfect date.

I wouldn't mind owning a bookstore.

I like to go to the public library; although, I haven't been in awhile.

That Gavin DeGraw song I Don't Wanna Be is excellent.

Butterflies scare me.

I usually mean what I say, but sometimes not the way you hear it.

Communication is something I need to work on.

I can lie really well about stupid things. (Like my name being Wendolyn :D)

I occasionally blend honesty and bluntness. I don't intend to be mean. Don't take it the wrong way.

I get bored a lot but can usually find a way to entertain myself while still complaining about being bored.

I'm simplistically complicated.

What else can I say but...

I'm Wendi J.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well well well....the truth is out and sometimes painful....I love u sis self discovery and exploration is a wonderful adventure

Rainha Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rainha Diana said...

I dig it Joi...i love the different that you possess and i can appreciate that you own it...i too find myself very confused and contradicting but nevertheless i am human...so you have inspired me to do a random facts as well...thanks for being inspiring you forgot that random fact ;-)